Baseball poker is a variant similar to the Seven Card Stud, only a little more exciting.
The Pack – You will use the standard 52-card pack.
The goal of the game – Your goal as a player is to win the pot. The pot contains all the stakes that the players have placed in any one deal. In Basketball poker, a combination of five cards is the best hand you can get.
The Deal – All players receive one card face down then one card face up in a rotation.
Gameplay – After dealing the cards, it is now time to bet. Here all players receive one more face-up cards with each round until the remaining players have one face-down and one face-up cards respectively.
All nines and threes are wild cards. However, you must either match the pot or drop when you are dealt with a three face-up.
If you are dealt a four face up, you are eligible for an additional hole card. The dealer must provide the hole card, face-down.
Baseball poker hands:
- Five of a Kind – Where at least one card is a wild. E.g four 10s and a joker.
- Straight flush – Five cards of the same suite in sequence
- Four of a Kind – Is the next highest card. E.g four 3s or four aces
- Full House – Three cards of one rank and two cards of a different rank.
- Flush – Five cards of a similar suit but not necessarily in sequence.
- Straight – Five cards in sequence but not in suit
- Three of a Kind – Three cards of similar rank and two cards, with each having a different rank
- Two pairs – One pair of one rank, another pair of varying rank and a fifth different card
- One pair – One similar pair and three cards of different ranks.
In conclusion, Baseball poker is thrilling game, whether alone or with your friends. Learn more about poker at Poker Tube.